Cultures that reside in hotter temperatures eat spicy food for a reason. Chili peppers contain a chemical that makes you sweat. The sweat evaporates and keeps you cool. This month, crank up the heat with a super-simple, super-spicy Mongolian beef recipe. It’s sure to get your tongue tingling.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 pound beef flank steak, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 large green onions, thinly sliced
- Whisk together soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, sugar, garlic and red pepper flakes in a bowl. Toss beef with marinade, cover, and refrigerate 1 hour to overnight.
- Heat peanut oil in a wok or large, nonstick skillet over high heat. Add the green onions, and cook for 5 to 10 seconds before stirring in the beef. Cook and stir until the beef is no longer pink and is beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Enjoy!
Please follow and like us: